Are you up for a challenge and want to have fun? The RAF Air Cadets, better known as the 'Air Cadets', are a UK-wide cadet force with more than 40,000 members aged between 12 and 20 years.
We're sponsored by the Royal Air Force and can give you hands-on experience of activities and courses that will challenge and develop your skills whilst allowing you to have an amazing time.
The RAF Air Cadets is made up of two areas:
- Air Training Corps - The ATC is the RAF's cadet force, divided into six regions, 34 wings and more than 900 squadrons within communities around the UK
- Combined Cadet Force (RAF) - The CCF (RAF) is our section of the CCF which is made up of cadets from all three services, coming together in approximately 200 independent and state schools across the country
Our aims are to:
- Promote and encourage a practical interest in aviation and the Royal Air Force among young people
- Provide training which will be useful in the Services and civilian life
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and develop qualities of leadership and good citizenship
And there's one more important thing - it's a lot of fun!
Ready for a challenge?
As a cadet you'll have the opportunity to do things that others only dream about. Want real flight experience? No problem. How about heading out on adventurous training and camps, sometimes overseas? Normal for cadets. Competitive sports, drill, shooting, music, abseiling, engineering projects? Our list of activities is long, varied and open to all cadets. Yes it's a challenge, but that's what life's all about.